If you have been into online marketing already, you’d know that Yahoo maintains its own website directory that is compiled by its human editors. You might wonder why you need to subscribe here if your website is already search engine optimised. The fact is the websites subscribed in the directory gets more weight while ranked by the search engines including Yahoo, as gaining approval from human editors of Yahoo indicates that the site has quality.
Yahoo offers 2 options for submission in the directories – standard and Yahoo directory submit. While standard subscription is free Yahoo directory submit comes for a certain subscription fee. The standard subscription offer is for non commercial purposes whereas Yahoo directory submit is for commercial websites.
Submitting your website in the directory is quite simple, all you need to do is go the category page, click on the “Suggest a site” which is at the top of the page on the right side. Clicking the link will provide you with the submission form. Once you fill it, the submission process is done. You’ll get the response whether your website is accepted or not within the next seven days. As it is decided by human editors, mere submission with the Here are a few tips for you to make the Yahoo editors happy and get your website approved in Yahoo directory.
• Yahoo likes pages that look attractive and elegant. Make sure that your website has quality and looks professional.
• Work carefully on the name of the site. Adding a word starting with the letter “A” will not bring your website to the top as the editors would change it if they feel necessary. Make sure your website name reflects what you sell.
• Add your contact details on all pages of the website. The details should include company name, street address, phone number, fax number and e-mail address.
• Make sure that all the images in your website load properly. There shouldn’t be any broken links on any pages of your website.
• All the links should be taking the user to the corresponding pages. There should be no bad links in the pages.
• If your website is selling something, it should be placed under the category of Business and Economy.
• The copyright notice should be given in the home page with the current year.
In the coming years you’ll find every other business resting its foot in the Internet; in other words, regardless of the location, every business would concentrate on an online platform and online marketing. With the competition going tougher it is crucial that you are aware of the latest developments in the online marketing field. Hope these findings prove informative and helpful for you in your web marketing campaign and enable you to come up with more advanced techniques to stay ahead of your competitors.
will not suffice. You need a website of the best quality with all the necessary requirements met with.