There are various definitions attributed to “organic SEO”. It is usually taken to be the search results that occur naturally or organically when a user types out the keywords in the search engine. It is considered to be those results that are content-based and come on the left side of the search engine page. Normally, when people mention organic SEO, they refer to the unpaid and algorithm-based results in a particular search engine. The phrase carries a shade of natural, and therefore positive, way of achieving high ranking in the search engines as against the PPC, the way of bringing the site to the front page through payment of money, and other similar short cuts.
Organic SEO is time consuming, yes. But then it can be relied to bring long time results and good ranking. Which is why most of the web masters choose organic SEO than any other way of SEO like PPC though they are said to the site to the front page faster.
There are several advantages for the organic SEO for the companies as well as the users.
- Organic SEO involves white hat techniques and will adhere to the guidelines of the search engines. This eventually is safer for the websites. Black hat techniques can ban the sites if not used wisely.
- Search engines keep changing their algorithms once in a while. A company that is following organic SEO techniques has no reason to worry since its website is on top because of its high-quality content and not because of technical loopholes.
- Organic method is always cost-effective. Even though techniques like Pay per Click can bring your website to the front very fast and create benefits for you initially, it will end up paying more. Whereas, organic method brings the site to the top slowly but steadily and without any loss of money.
- Organic SEO companies normally provide frequent reports on the progress of their work. They will keep doing a constant keyword evaluation. In short, the website would be kept active always.
- Organic search results tend to be more informative and rich in content than the artificial ones.
- Websites that are found as a result of organic SEO will have more inbound links than artificial ones.
Majority of the users rely more on organic results than the sponsored links.
This white hat technique of SEO has travelled a long way beyond the milestone where it started. Now there are many factors that can be included in organic SEO like analytics, social networking, video, Instant messaging (IM), etc. The more versatile online marketing gets, the more variety is added in SEO too. One thing is certain – whether the white hat organic optimisation brings more results or not, which it most often does, it certainly keeps your website safe and active and free from getting penalised.