SEO and Page Rank
Page rank had been the authority of Google for years. However, as web marketing became a major and inevitable part of marketing campaign for any small and big business today, all major search engine started ranking a page based on various criteria. Now this brings us to the real question, what is page rank? Page rank represents how important a web page is on web by providing that page a numeric value. It is the position given to a website by major search engines, especially Google, based on not just its content and meta tags, but its authority. According to Google, if one link connect to another, it is providing credibility to the latter.
The importance of a website is calculated by the number of votes cast for it through the links connected to it. This importance is one of the factors that ultimately lead to the website’s position in Google.
Here are a few tips for you to remember while enhancing your web page ranking.
1. Get back links that are important. Back links is what matters most in the case of page ranking. If the links are from important websites, chances are that your website will be ranked higher. Google algorithm is that if important people think you are important to link to, you too must be important.
2. Get a large volume of back links. Sometimes websites try to find back links that are lower ranking to increase the number of back links. Search engines like Google realize this and therefore give very less value for such sites. But that doesn’t mean they are not necessary. A good number of back links, both high and low ranking, is important and necessary in your initial stages. As far as getting quality links is concerned, you can get it in time.
3. Getting a lot of back links is a good idea. But some of the back links can lead to your site being labeled as spam. Hence it is very important to check the site that you want to link to. Similarly, when you are invited to link to a site, do a background check before you link to that site.
4. See that the links you get are diverse and multifarious. Getting links from similar websites or websites dealing with the same subject will not take your website up in the ladder. The more diverse your backlinks are, the more chances of your page rank going up.
5. Keep checking the website you are linking your site to. Any user who finds that clicking the links in your webpages lead them nowhere or get the message that the webpage is not accessible will be discouraged to explore your site further.