Unless you intend to have a completely online shopping centre, whatever business you have you cannot underestimate the importance of being known locally. Because even if you have exporting options and shipping facilities your major customers are always going to be those who live in the same city or locality. Customers always prefer to buy from places close to them and therefore known to them. Which brings us to our main point: the need and importance of listing your site in Google Maps Marketing.
If your business is catering to the customers who are in the same locality as you, Google Maps is the perfect way for you to get new customers. Whether your business is big or small thinking local can take you a long way ahead. Here are a few features of Google Maps listing.
- High search engine visibility: Google Maps listing normally appears in the front page above the organic search listing and below the Google Adwords Ads. Which means the results are seen immediately, without the time taken for that through organic SEO process. You have the prospect of getting more customers everyday.
- Easy access to your contact details: Another advantage of Google Maps listing is that your contact details like phone numbers, e-mail IDs, postal address and URL are visible even without entering your site. And this will be on top of the search engine page along with the user ratings of your business.
- More chances of conversion: Since the visitors to your site are reaching there after searching for a specific keyword that includes your product as well as locality the chances of their buying from you are much more than a random visitor entering your site through organic search results.
- Less expenditure: Maps listing has another advantage. It doesn’t include the payments required for Ad words listing or employing a professional SEO company. Once you enlist your website in Google Maps your site is right there on the front page from the first day, all of these absolutely free!
Google Maps listing requires optimising somewhat different from organic search engine optimisation. Though you can add your website to the list, it requires some more optimising for coming on top.
- Add more contact details: Provide as much details as possible on how to reach you. Give the working hours and payment options. Select the best possible category.
- Describe your products: Provide lots of information about your products. Add images and videos if possible. Include your keywords in these descriptions.
- Select the business location in the heart of the city: Establishing your business in the middle of the city is a reason for Google to bring your website on top.
- Submit the website in other directories: Presence of your website in other online directories online yellow pages can make your site go up in the Google Maps listing.
- Provide content with local keywords: If your text content has the keywords like place names in the web page title and header tags can help in bringing your site up.
- User reviews: Yet another reason for Google to rank you high. Hence, request your customers to provide good reviews about your products and company.
- Avoid spamming: Overusing your keywords and duplicating content are a strict no here too. Keep away from exaggerating about your website.
Not convinced yet? Check some Google Maps listing and ask around about the companies in the list. You needn’t go further to know the source of the high number of customers for these companies.
- Know where you are indoors with Google Maps 6.0 for Android Are you in a large airport sprawled for acres trying...
- Relevance of Yahoo directory submission Being ranked high and positioned in the front in Yahoo...
- Is it even possible to promote your business online for free? Well, yes. That is, if you own a business and...
- Optimising ecommerce websites for longtail keywords You are in need of a digital camera. Moving with...
- The Why and How of Yahoo Local Listing [caption id="attachment_366" align="alignnone" width="450" caption="Yahoo Local Listing"][/caption] You are aware...